Thursday, September 11, 2008

SCUBA Diving in the Red Sea!






I am SO tired and it is late - so this will be relatively short, but I HAD to post. Today Dan, Amy & I went diving in the Red Sea. Dan arranged our dive yesterday with a woman who spoke limited English. She said something about bringing our passports because of going to Egypt, but we just thought we would be in Egyptian waters and needed the passports "just in case". Um, not so much. We actually started at a dive shop in Eilat, where we checked in. From there we got into a "bus" (and I use that term loosely) for a 5 minute drive to the border. Then we walked through the border - all 7 checkpoints! We had a guide to lead us, but it was still CRAZY. THEN we got our equipment from a dive shop in Egypt and got on our boat.

Diving in the Red Sea was SUPER cool. I was so amazed by all the fish and colors. We rented a digital camera and got some decent pics. I will post a few now, and maybe some more tomorrow.

The picture of me sitting on the sea wall gives you a glimpse of why the Red Sea is called the "Red" Sea. At sunset, the mountains reflect into the water giving it a reddish hue.

5 comments:

Kevin Gravier said...

You guys are having so many adventures there! Sounds terrific!

Lynda said...

Whoops! That comment that says "Kevin" was really from me. Can't quite figure out why I was logged in as Kevin!

Sarah said...

LOL Lynda - I was reading it and I was wondering WHO is Kevin. ha ha! We are at the airport - ready to come home and see our kids!

wisewoman said...

hi mom spencer

wisewoman said...

lol