Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day 1 (or is it Day 2?)

Ok, just a quick update before I absolutely crash.  We had a relatively un-eventful flight both from Ft. Lauderdale to JFK and then JFK to Tel Aviv.  I was actually looking forward to the 11 hour flight to Tel Aviv - I was planning to read and then SLEEP!  I did manage to read a bit, the sleeping, um, not so much.  In fact, virtually not at all!  I think the longest I "slept" was about 15 minutes at a time.  CRAZY.  So, now I am REALLY dragging.  We are at a hotel right on the Mediterrean Sea (I know I spelled that wrong - don't have time to fix it right now).  Tomorrow we plan to at least put our toes in before hitting the road and heading north. 

One more thing of interest.  They almost didn't let Mike into the country.  When we were attempting to do our "border crossing" the guy took our passports and then proceeded to ask Mike what his father's name, then what is your grandfather's name.  Mike told the guy that he had never met his grandfather and didn't know his name.  Apparently they weren't impressed with that answer b/c Mike was detained by the Israeli police for 45 minutes.  The problem was that Dan & Amy had gone through the line in front of us and had no idea what was going on.  They told me I could wait with Mike, but Dan & Amy couldn't come back to check on us, and they had Mike's passport - so we weren't going anywhere!  It was a tad stressful - and kinda funny too - I will post more detail when I can put together two consecutive thoughts.  Praying for a good night's sleep!  

Thanks for your continued prayers.  Hoping to post a few pics tomorrow!  GOOD NIGHT!

No comments: