Thursday, June 17, 2010

A life well lived


This seems like such an awful thing to blog about, but I don't know where else to post my thoughts and feelings. My dear sweet Fran went to meet Jesus. I feel so very blessed to have known her and yet it just seems so unfair that she is gone.

Fran and I met through our FIAR message boards, and it sounds funny to say that we met on the internet, but we really did. I was so blessed to have Fran as a roommate at the 2008 conference. I just keep replaying conversations she and I had that weekend. I remember her telling me that her parents always said she was "an old soul" and very mature for her age. I remember her saying that she was certain she would die from cancer (that she had already beaten) but they were just hoping that it would be 50 years from now.

I am reading through the "Bible in 90 days" and my reading for the past two days has been ironically applicable. Yesterday it was Proverbs 31, and I could only think of Fran as I read the words: She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue. . . Her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praises her. And then today in Ecclesiastes: There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die. Oh how I wish this was not Fran's time. I wish that she could have stayed here on earth to see her amazing daughter grow up. But our timing is not God's timing.

I really can't believe she is gone. I will miss her encouraging and wise words on our FIAR boards. I pray for her family in the days, weeks, months and years ahead. I look forward to the day we will meet again.

No comments: