Friday, June 25, 2010

Pre-race Jitters

So I have signed up to do a half marathon here in Vero tomorrow. I am hoping to break the 2 hour mark. I hesitate to even write that because then I have something I have to live up to. Part of me is very confident that I am capable of doing it, but then I think about all the variables and get nervous.

I had all my crazy "pre-race" dreams last night. (so maybe I got that out of my system and will sleep well tonight?) The usual, can't find my shoes, forgot my fuel, my bib ripped in half kind of stuff kept me from restful sleep.

Checked out the race course this morning. It is going to be fairly similar to our usual Saturday morning runs. There is a lot of looping down streets and back though. Hopefully I will be able to post tomorrow about a fabulous run with a great time!

No comments: